Tube laser cutting technology has opened a new area of design and engineering. Designers are re-thinking how old school machined parts can be made using off-the-shelf tubing. Weld fit up is a breeze now with precise chamfers, saddle cuts, bevels, and fish mouth coping. We specialize in providing pre-cut steel “kits” to our customers, ready for fit up and welding. Providing pre-cut and beveled kits, frees up floor space and manpower, enabling you to get much more product out the door.
We have over 8 years experience in 3D engineering and design that is needed for cutting operations on the tube laser. Our latest addition is the LT8.
It’s BIG… High volume bundle capable tube loaders – Capacity- up to 6″ square tube, and 8.875″ round tube. The tube laser can cut up to 5/8″ wall thickness (carbon steel and limited to 23.5 pounds per lineal foot) – 27′ lengths – Production quantity loads
▪ Laser cut chamfering, beveling for perfect weld fit-up on end forms
▪ Large capacity bundle loader – up to 27 foot long tubes. Laser head cuts up to 8.875″ diameter tube & 5/8″ wall thickness on smaller diameter tubing.
Note: Although the above are limits of the chuck capacity and thickness of the wall the laser can cut. Please note that we are also limited to 23.5 pounds per lineal foot, mainly because of the robotic bundle loading mechanisms. You can find the per lineal foot weight of any tubing by doing a Google search and looking at the charts from various tubing suppliers. Some examples of our laser tube cutting limitations are:
Round Tube & Pipe Laser Cut
▪ 4″ Round Tubing at 1/2″ Wall Thickness = YES
▪ 6″ Round Tubing at 3/8″ Wall thickness = YES
▪ 6″ Schedule 40 pipe = YES
▪ 6″ Schedule 80 pipe = NO
▪ 8″ Round Tubing at 1/4″ Wall Thickness = YES
▪ 8″ Schedule 40 Pipe = NO
Square Tube Laser Cut
▪ 4″ Square Tubing at 1/2″ Wall Thickness = YES
▪ 6″ Square Tubing at 1/4″ Wall Thickness = YES
▪ 6″ Square Tubing at 3/8″ Wall thickness = NO
Rectangle Tube Laser Cut
▪ 5″ x 3″ Rectangle Tube at 1/2″ Wall Thickness = YES
▪ 6″ x 3″ Rectangle Tubing at 3/8″ Wall thickness = YES
▪ 6′ x 3″ Rectangle Tubing at 1/2″ Wall thickness = NO
Holding precise tolerances on complex laser cuts yields precision components ready for assembly and welding. Laser tube cutting machines produce very accurate, and complex shapes on round, square, triangular, rectangular, and oval tubular materials – up to +-.005
Designers can specify any end form and hole geometry – no other process can duplicate the accuracy and efficiency of the tube laser – saving you money. The precise fit up of weldments and assembled components eliminates many secondary operations.